Friday, June 12, 2009

Soft and Absorbent

I'm a bit bothered by false advertising. What tipped this off for me is that the other day I was at Walmart and grabbed the cheapest toilet paper I could find - just something small to tide us over until I could go and get some at Costco. Now granted, I know that in buying the generic brand I'm obviously not purchasing for quality, but for heaven's sake this was ridiculous! On the front of the toilet paper package it advertises "Soft and Absorbent!" My poor little pampered bum was not prepared for the shock.

First of all, I was have never seen a two-ply that is as effective as a public restroom one-ply. Secondly, "soft" is not how I would describe the feel; it felt more like I was rubbing my backside on a tree trunk. I think I'm chapped. Thankfully, the roll is almost done and the rest will go in our emergency kits so we can start using the still cheap and yet actually soft and absorbent Kirkland brand!

The lesson to be taken from this is that I will never again trust what a company has to say about their product. I understand why companies do it, but the blatant lies just don't seem fair to the consumer. Though it doesn't really make sense for the company to advertise, "Soft as sandpaper and absorbent as tissue paper", I just think that they should adopt the strategy of if you can't say anything truthful, don't say anything at all!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your bum recovers from the hard paper although at girls camp you may not have any better.

    ReplyDelete