Friday, September 24, 2010

Linguine with Tomatoes, Basil and Brie

I was asked earlier this week what I cook for dinner. Well here is a recipe I discovered this week and decided I really like it. It's way easy and if you have generous in-laws with a large garden, it is a way cheap meal right now! This is actually a variation of something I do quite frequently. I love pastas! The changes I made to this were I probably used 2 teaspoons of minced garlic (no vampires around our house!), no pepper, and being repulsed by online descriptions of Brie cheese i opted for grated Parmesan (may try feta next time). Not hot at all - if you're going for spicy I'd add another jalapeno or keep in some of the seeds.
Linguine with Tomatoes, Basil and Brie

The beauty of this dish is that the hot pasta warms all the other uncooked ingredients.


8 oz. linguine
2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 jalapeno chile, veins and seeds removed, chopped
6 oz. Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup (1 oz.) shaved Asiago cheese

1. Cook linguine according to package directions.

2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic and chile; stir gently to mix.

3. When linguine is cooked, drain; immediately add to tomato mixture. Add Brie cheese, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese.

4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment